Serbian player Zoran Krstanovic and his agent Akos Vegvari filed a claim against the player’s former team BC Kryvbasbasket (Ukraine-Superleague) at the Basketball Arbitral Tribunal (BAT). The claimants were seeking outstanding salaries, penalties, interest, and declaratory relief. He played for the club during the 2012-13 season.
The arbitrator of the case awarded in favor of the player and his agent. The award reads as follows:
1. BC Kryvbasbasket shall pay jointly to Mr. Zoran Krstanovic and Mr. Akos Vegvari an amount of compensation of USD 37,510.00, plus interest at 5% per annum on such amount from the date of this award.
2. The costs of this arbitration until the present Award, which were determined by the President of the BAT to be in the amount of EUR 4,000.00, shall be borne by BC Kryvbasbasket alone. Accordingly, BC Kryvbasbasket shall pay jointly to Mr. Zoran Krstanovic and Mr. Akos Vegvari EUR 4,000.00.
3. BC Kryvbasbasket shall pay jointly to Mr. Zoran Krstanovic and Mr. Akos Vegvari an amount of EUR 5,000.00 as compensation for their legal fees and expenses.
4. Any arbitration costs associated with a Request for Reasons shall be advanced and borne by the requesting party.
5. Any other or further-reaching requests for relief are dismissed.
On May 2014 BC Kryvbasbasket was banned by FIBA from registering new players, due to it’s continued breach of its obligation to honor the award.