Italian-American player Ryan Bucci filed a claim against former team Sigma Barcellona (Italy-Lega2) at the Basketball Arbitral Tribunal (BAT) for outstanding salaries and interest. Bucci played three seasons for Sigma Barcellona from 2010-2013. According to Article 16.2 of the BAT Rules, the Arbitrator issued an award without reasons. The claim was upheld in its entirety.
The award reads as follows:
1. Basket Barcellona s.r.l. is ordered to pay to Mr. Rayan Bucci the net amount of EUR 25,000.00 for outstanding salaries.
2. Basket Barcellona s.r.l. is ordered to pay to Mr. Rayan Bucci interest of 5% p.a.
a. on the amount of EUR 7,000.00 as of 11 May 2013,
b. on the amount of EUR 9,000.00 as of 11 June 2013 and
c. on the amount of EUR 9,000.00 as of 11 July 2013.
3. The costs of this arbitration until the present Award, which were determined by the President of the BAT to be in the amount of EUR 4,500.00, shall be borne by Basket Barcellona s.r.l. alone. Accordingly, Basket Barcellona s.r.l. is ordered to pay to Mr. Rayan Bucci EUR 4,500.00.
4. Basket Barcellona s.r.l. is ordered to pay to Mr. Ryan Bucci the amount of EUR 4,000.00 as a contribution towards his legal fees and expenses. Basket Barcellona s.r.l. shall bear its own legal fees and expenses.
5. Any arbitration costs associated with a Request for Reasons shall be advanced and borne by the requesting party.
6. Any other or further-reaching requests for relief are dismissed.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login