Former NBA forward Rawle Marshall (201 cm, Oakland’05) sought arbitration at the Basketball Arbitral Tribunal (BAT) against his former team, Greek club PAOK Thessaloniki. Marshall played for PAOK during the 2010-11 season. He sought arbitration for player bonuses owed to him by the team.
In accordance with article 16.2 of the BAT rules the arbitrator issued an award without reasons.
1. PAOK 2004 Basketball S.A. shall pay Mr. Rawle Marshall the following amount as compensation for unpaid bonuses:
- USD 10,000.00, plus interest at 5% per annum on such amount from 10 January 2013 onwards.
2. The costs of this arbitration until the present Award, which were determined by the President of the BAT to be in the amount of EUR 2,915.00 shall be borne by PAOK 2004 Basketball S.A. alone. Accordingly, PAOK 2004 Basketball S.A. shall pay to Mr. Rawle Marshall EUR 2,915.00. The balance of the Advance on Costs, in the amount of EUR 538.02, will be reimbursed to Mr. Rawle Marshall by the BAT.
3. PAOK 2004 Basketball S.A. shall pay Mr. Rawle Marshall an amount of EUR 2,500.00 as compensation for his legal fees and expenses.
4. Any arbitration costs associated with a Request for Reasons shall be advanced and borne by the requesting party.
5. Any other or further-reaching requests for relief are dismissed.