German player Patrick Marcu (193 cm, Winthrop’11) sought abitration at the Basketball Arbitral Tribunal (BAT) versus his former team, Romanian club CS Gaz Metan Medias. Marcu was on their roster during the 2011-12 season and part of the 2012-13 season. He was seeking assistance in claiming outstanding salary and rentals expenses.
After giving both parties an opportunity to be heard, the Arbitrator has released the following award:
1. Gaz Metan Medias is ordered to pay to Mr. Patrick Marcu outstanding salary and rental expenses in the amount of EUR 25,650.00 net.
2. The contract dated 2 January 2011 between Gaz Metan Medias and Mr. Patrick Marcu is declared to be dissolved.
3. Gaz Metan Medias is ordered to pay Mr. Patrick Marcu the amount of EUR 4,388.97 as a contribution towards his legal fees and expenses. Gaz Metan Medias shall bear its own legal fees and expenses.
4. The costs of this arbitration until the present Award, which were determined by the President of the BAT to be in the amount of EUR 3,575.00 shall be borne by Gaz Metan Medias alone. The BAT shall reimburse EUR 1,425.00 to Mr. Patrick Marcu. Accordingly, Gaz Metan Medias is ordered pay to Mr. Patrick Marcu EUR 1,075.00, being the difference between the arbitration costs advanced by him and the amount he will receive as reimbursement from the BAT.
5. Any arbitration costs associated with a Request for Reasons shall be advanced and borne by the requesting party.
6. Any other or further-reaching requests for relief are dismissed.