Justin Hamilton (213 cm, LSU’12) and his agency, ASM Sports filed a claim against his former team KK Cibona Zagreb (Croatia-A1) at the Basketball Arbitral Tribunal (BAT) for outstanding salaries and agents fees. The claimants submitted that the Croatian club made only partial payments. Cibona answered that the player did not comply with Croatian law (after becoming a Croatian citizen). By law, Hamilton was obligated to submit invoices to club for outstanding amounts. The Arbitrator of the case, Ms. Annett Rombach, partially upheld the claimants’ claim. The respondents were made to pay only 75% of the arbitration costs and were ordered to refund the claimants for their payments for such, accordingly.
Hamilton played for Cibona during the 2012-13 season. He was recently signed by the Miami Heat for the 2014-15 season.
The award of the claim is as follows:
1. KK Cibona Zagreb is ordered to pay to Mr. Justin Hamilton USD 52,160.00 net.
2. KK Cibona Basketball is ordered to pay to ASM Sports USD 18,000.00 net.
3. KK Cibona Basketball is ordered to pay jointly to Mr. Justin Hamilton and ASM Sports EUR 5,990.00 as a partial reimbursement of the arbitration costs advanced by them.
4. KK Cibona Basketball is ordered to pay jointly to Mr. Justin Hamilton and ASM Sports EUR 3,742.50 as a contribution towards their legal fees and expenses.
5. Any other or further-reaching requests for relief are dismissed.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login