Ivan Ivanovic (205 cm) filed a claim against his former team, Romanian club BC Gaz Metan Medias, at the Basketball Arbitral Tribunal (BAT). Ivan Ivanovic is a basketball player with dual citizenship from Serbia and Montenegro. He played for Gaz Metan during the 2012-13 season. He is demanding for outstanding salaries, bonuses and interest.
According to Article 16.2 of the BAT Rules, the Arbitrator issued an award without reasons. Here is the published Award:
1. BC Gaz Metan Medias is ordered to pay to Mr. Ivan Ivanovic for unpaid bonus the amount of EUR 5,000.00 plus interest of 5% per annum on such amount from 22 November 2013.
2. The costs of this arbitration until the present Award, which were determined by the President of the BAT to be in the amount of EUR 5,000.00, shall be borne by the parties as follows: 60% by BC Gaz Metan Medias and 40% by Mr. Ivan Ivanovic. Accordingly, BC Gaz Metan Medias shall pay to Mr. Ivan Ivanovic EUR 500.00.
3. BC Gaz Metan Medias is ordered to pay to Mr. Ivan Ivanovic the amount of EUR 2,500.00 as a contribution towards his legal fees and expenses. BC Gaz Metan Medias shall bear its own legal fees and expenses.
4. Any arbitration costs associated with a Request for Reasons shall be advanced and borne by the requesting party.
5. Any other or further-reaching requests for relief are dismissed.