Darius Johnson-Odom (187 cm, Marquette’12) filed a claim against former team, Trabzonspor Basketbol Kulubu (Turkey-BSL) at the Basketball Arbitral Tribunal (BAT). The Marquette product submitted that the club owed him for outstanding salaries and interest. He was on their roster in the 2015-16 season.
The BAT arbitrator issued an award without reason, which reads as follows:
1. Trabzonspor Basketbol Kulubu Denergi is ordered to pay Mr. Darius Earvin Johnson-Odom USD 66,000.00 net as unpaid salaries, together with interest at a rate of 5% per annum from 16 January 2016.
2. Trabzonspor Basketbol Kulubu Denergi is ordered to pay Mr. Darius Earvin Johnson-Odom EUR 4,000.00 as a contribution towards his legal fees and expenses.
3. The costs of this arbitration until the present Award, which were determined by the President of the BAT to be in the amount of EUR 3,320.00, shall be borne by Trabzonspor Basketbol Kulubu Denergi alone. Accordingly, Trabzonspor Basketbol Kulubu Denergi is ordered to pay Mr. Darius Earvin Johnson-Odom EUR 3,320.00. The balance of the Advance on Costs, in the amount of EUR 2,680.00, will be reimbursed to Claimant by the BAT.
4. Any arbitration costs associated with a Request for Reasons shall be advanced and borne by the requesting party.
5. Any other or further-reaching requests for relief are dismissed.