Basketball Arbitral Tribunal (BAT) arbitrator Klaus Reichert has ruled in favor Court Side global management and representation in its request for arbitration versus respondent Virtus Pallacanestro Bologna S.p.A.
Court Side sought arbitration in claiming its agent fee for player Steven Smith from the Italian basketball team.
Upon providing both parties with an opportunity to be heard, having ascertained his jurisdiction and considered the factual and legal arguments as well as the requests for relief submitted in this case, the Arbitrator decides as follows:
1. Virtus Pallacanestro Bologna S.p.A. is ordered to pay to Court Side outstanding agency fees in the amount of USD 22,000.00 together with interest at 1% per month from 1 February 2013 until payment.
2. Virtus Pallacanestro Bologna S.p.A. is ordered to pay to Court Side the amount of EUR 2,975.00 as a contribution towards its legal fees and expenses.
3. The costs of this arbitration until the present Award, which were determined by the President of the BAT to be in the amount of EUR 3,575.00 shall be borne by Virtus Pallacanestro Bologna S.p.A. alone. Accordingly, Virtus Pallacanestro Bologna S.p.A. is ordered pay to Court Side EUR 3,575.00. The balance of the Advance on Costs, in the amount of EUR 425.00, will be reimbursed to Court Side by the BAT.
4. Any arbitration costs associated with a Request for Reasons shall be advanced and borne by the requesting party.
5. Any other or further-reaching requests for relief are dismissed.