Bryan Davis (206 cm, Texas A&M’10) has won his request for arbitration from the Basketball Arbitral Tribunal (BAT) versus his former team BC Kryvbasbasket from Ukraine’s Superleague. Davis played for them during the 2011-12 season. In 36 games he averaged 14.6 ppg and 7.6 rpg.
Davis has sought arbitration for late payment of his outstanding salary of USD 3,000. After considering the facts of the case, the BAT has ruled in favor Davis as the claimant with the following award:
1. BC Kryvbasbasket is ordered to pay to Mr. Bryan Davis outstanding salary in the amount of USD 3,000.
2. BC Kryvbasbasket is ordered to pay to Mr. Bryan Davis late payment penalties in the amount of USD 3,000.
3. Each party shall bear its own legal fees and expenses.
4. The costs of this arbitration until the present Award, which were determined by the President of the BAT to be in the amount of EUR 5,000, shall be borne equally by the parties. Accordingly, BC Kryvbasbasket shall pay to Mr. Bryan Davis the amount of EUR 2,500.
5. Any arbitration costs associated with a Request for Reasons shall be advanced and borne by the requesting party.
6. Any other or further-reaching requests for relief are dismissed.
After the intervention and order by the BAT, BC Kryvbasbasket has since paid the adjudicated amounts to Bryan Davis.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login