Jermaine Anderson (188 cm, Fordham’06) has sought arbitration from the Basketball Arbitral Tribunal (BAT) versus his former team, KK Buducnost Voli. Anderson is a Canadian-Jamaican guard who currently plays for TBB Trier in the German Bundesliga. He was a player for the Montenegrin team KK Buducnost in the 2011-12 season.
The player was seeking abitration for his demand for back pay owed to him by the club. The official decision and award of the BAT went in favor of Anderson.
1. KK Buducnost Voli is ordered to pay to Mr. Jermaine Anderson compensation for unpaid salary payments in the amount of USD 21,000.00.
2. KK Buducnost Voli is ordered to pay to Mr. Jermaine Anderson interest in relation to unpaid salary payments at a rate of 5% per annum
a. on the amount of USD 4,000.00 from 2 May 2012, and
b. on the amount of USD 17,000.00 from 2 June 2012.
3. KK Buducnost Voli is ordered to pay to Mr. Jermaine Anderson the amount of EUR 1,500.00 as a contribution towards his legal expenses.
4. The costs of this arbitration until the present Award, which were determined by the President of the BAT to be in the amount of EUR 4,000.00 shall be borne by KK Buducnost Voli alone. Accordingly, KK Buducnost Voli shall pay to Mr. Jermaine Anderson EUR 4,000.00.
5. Any arbitration costs associated with a Request for Reasons (see attached Notice) shall be advanced and borne by the requesting party.
6. Any other or further-reaching requests for relief are dismissed.