Alan Voskuil filed a claim against his former team Chorale de Roanne (France-ProA) for outstanding salaries and interest. Voskuil is a Danish-American player who played for the French club during the 2012/13 season. According to Article 16.2 of the BAT Rules, the Arbitrator issued an award without reasons. The Arbitrator of the case upheld the player’s claim in its entirety.
The award reads as follows:
1. Chorale de Roanne Basket is ordered to pay to Mr. Alan Voskuil compensation for unpaid salary in the amount of USD 30,284.00 net, plus interest on such amount at a rate of 5% per annum from 21 December 2012 onwards.
2. Chorale de Roanne Basket is ordered to pay to Mr. Alan Voskuil the amountof EUR 5,000.00 as a contribution towards his legal fees and expenses.
3. The costs of this arbitration until the present Award, which were determined by the President of the BAT to be in the amount of EUR 5,000.00, shall be borne by Chorale de Roanne Basket alone. Accordingly, Chorale de Roanne Basket is ordered to pay to Mr. Alan Voskuil EUR 5,000.00.
4. Any arbitration costs associated with a Request for Reasons shall be advanced and borne by the requesting party.
5. Any other or further-reaching requests for relief are dismissed.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login